[updated February 2020]
Hostetter NJ, D Ryan, D Grosshuesch, T Catton, S Malick-Wahls, TA Smith, and B Gardner. Quantifying spatiotemporal occupancy dynamics and multi-year core use areas at a species range boundary. Diversity and Distributions. In-revision.
Hostetter NJ, and JA Royle. Movement-assisted localization from acoustic monitoring data. Movement Ecology. In-revision.
Payton Q, AF Evans, NJ Hostetter, DD Roby, BM Cramer, and K Collis. Measuring the additive effects of predation on prey survival across multiple spatial scales. Ecological Applications. In-revision.
Hostetter NJ, NJ Lunn, ES Richardson, EV Regehr, and SJ Converse. Age-structured Jolly-Seber model expands inference and improves parameter estimation from capture-recapture data. Ecology. In-review.
20. Kazyak DC, AM Flowers, NJ Hostetter, JA Madsen, M Breece, A Higgs, LM Brown, JA Royle, DA. Fox. Integrating side-scan sonar and acoustic telemetry to estimate the annual spawning run size of Atlantic sturgeon in the Hudson River. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences. In-press.
19. Evans AF, Q Payton, BM Cramer, K Collis, NJ Hostetter, DD Roby, and C Dotson. Cumulative effects of avian predation on upper Columbia River steelhead. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society. In-press.
18. Payton Q, NJ Hostetter, and AF Evans. 2019. Jointly estimating survival and mortality: integrating recapture and recovery data from complex multiple predator systems. Environmental and Ecological Statistics. 26:107–125.
17. Hostetter NJ, B Gardner, TS Sillett, KH Pollock, and TR Simons. 2019. An integrated model decomposing the components of detection probability and abundance in unmarked populations. Ecosphere. 10:e02586.
16. Lloyd NA, NJ Hostetter, CL Jackson, SJ Converse, and A Moehrenschlager. 2019. Optimizing release strategies: a stepping-stone approach to reintroduction. Animal Conservation 22:105–115.
15. Lloyd NA, NJ Hostetter, CL Jackson, SJ Converse, and A Moehrenschlager. 2019. Future directions to escalate benefits of the stepping-stone approach for conservation translocations. Animal Conservation 22:122–123.
14. Hostetter NJ, B Gardner, AF Evans, BM Cramer, Q Payton, K Collis, and DD Roby. 2018. Wanted dead or alive: a state-space mark-recapture-recovery model incorporating multiple recovery types and state uncertainty. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 75:1117–1127.
13. Regehr EV, NJ Hostetter, RR Wilson, KD Rode, M St. Martin, and SJ Converse. 2018. Integrated population modeling provides the first empirical estimates of vital rates and abundance for polar bears in the Chukchi Sea. Scientific Reports. 8:16780.
12. Link WA, SJ Converse, AA Yackel Adams, and NJ Hostetter. 2018. Analysis of population change and movement using removal data. Journal of Agricultural, Biological, and Environmental Statistics. 23:463–477.
11. Felton SK, NJ Hostetter, KH Pollock, and TR Simons. 2017. Managing American Oystercatcher (Haematopus palliatus) population growth by targeting nesting season vital rates. Waterbirds 40(sp1): 44–54.
10. Hostetter NJ, B Gardner, SH Schweitzer, R Boettcher, AL Wilke, L Addison, WR Swilling, KH Pollock, and TR Simons. 2015. Repeated count surveys help standardize multi-agency estimates of American Oystercatcher (Haematopus palliatus) abundance. The Condor 117:354–363.
9. Hostetter NJ, AF Evans, BM Cramer, K Collis, DE Lyons, and DD Roby. 2015. Quantifying avian predation on fish populations: integrating predator-specific deposition probabilities in tag recovery studies. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 144:410–422.
8. Hostetter NJ, AF Evans, FJ Loge, RR O’Connor, BM Cramer, D Fryer, and K Collis. 2015. The influence of individual fish characteristics on survival and detection: similarities across two salmonid species. North American Journal of Fisheries Management 35:1034–1045.
7. Adkins JY, DE Lyons, PJ Loschl, DD Roby, K Collis, AF Evans, and NJ Hostetter. 2014. Demographics of piscivorous colonial waterbirds and management implications for ESA-listed salmonids on the Columbia Plateau. Northwest Science 88:344–359.
6. Evans AF, NJ Hostetter, K Collis, DD Roby, and FJ Loge. 2014. Relationship between juvenile fish condition and survival to adulthood in steelhead. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 143:899–909.
5. Hostetter NJ, AF Evans, DD Roby, and K Collis. 2012. Susceptibility of juvenile steelhead to avian predation: the influence of individual fish characteristics and river conditions. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 141: 1586-1599.
4. Evans AF, NJ Hostetter, DD Roby, K Collis, DE Lyons, BP Sandford, RD Ledgerwood, and S Sebring. 2012. System-wide evaluation of avian predation on juvenile salmonids from the Columbia River based on recoveries of passive integrated transponder tags. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 141: 975-989.
3. Connon RE, LS D’Abronzo, NJ Hostetter, A Javidmehr, DD Roby, AF Evans, FJ Loge, and I Werner. 2012. Transcription profiling in environmental diagnostics: health assessments in Columbia River basin steelhead (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Environmental Science and Technology 46: 6081-6087
2. Collis K, DD Roby, KW Larson, LJ Adrean, SK Nelson, AF Evans, NJ Hostetter, DS Battaglia, DE Lyons, TK Marcella, and A Patterson. 2012. Trends in Caspian tern nesting and diet in San Francisco Bay: conservation implications for terns and salmonids. Waterbirds 35: 25-34.
1. Hostetter NJ, AF Evans, DD Roby, K Collis, M Hawbecker, BP Sandford, DE Thompson, and FJ Loge. 2011. Relationship of external fish condition to pathogen prevalence and out-migration survival in juvenile steelhead. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 140:1158-117.